There is hope when the power of one individual or family, who embraces the significance and impact of philanthropy, meets the power of the many, whose lives have been dedicated to service through schools, ministries and outreach. That point of intersection is the Catholic Community Foundation of Los Angeles.
Embrace our Catholic values through a community of faith and love in oneness with the Catholic Church throughout the world. These values include upholding the dignity of life for all, working to eliminate poverty, and helping to remove the barriers that divide people in large, complex, and multicultural societies such as Southern California. This mission is carried out by creating sustainability of parishes, schools, sacramental life, and vocations, plus community outreach and service to other organizations that are closely aligned with these goals.
Serving Communities Through Catholic Values
CCF-LA provides all philanthropic clients the opportunity to safely invest their charitable giving in an independent, faith-based charitable foundation that is guided by top financial, business, and legal leaders who are deeply committed to the quality of life for all who live in Southern California. That means investing funds for and directing them to the most fundamental needs of every person—education, healthcare, and housing—while continuing to serve the Catholic community with vocations, parish, sacramental life, and outreach to various ministries that focus on serving those most in need.
In alignment with the pastoral priorities of Archbishop Jose H. Gomez, we work with families and organizations to support:
- Education in the Faith – many of our grants go to support Catholic schools through improvements to their facilities and technology, additional funding for need and merit-based scholarships and tuition assistance, and the expansion of classroom curriculum
- Promoting Vocations – we actively support both Our Lady Queen of Angeles Seminary and St. John’s Seminary in addition to many other religious community of men, women, and laity
- Fostering Cultural Diversity and Catholic Identity – Catholics come in all colors, from all countries, and speak many languages, but what connects us all is our dedication to the faith and the task to love one another
- Building a Culture of Life – our clients are passionate about the dignity of life for all including service to the poor and disadvantaged, the elderly, children, and families
- Strengthening Marriages and Families – we advocate for families and their ability to share values, express what is important, and create a plan to support those causes through the generations
CCF-LA provides an important opportunity for all ages to learn about philanthropy. We offer charitable solutions for all stages of life and encourage families to discuss and create a legacy of giving that will create real and lasting change. It’s all about the power of philanthropy to positively affect individuals in need in our local communities. The Catholic Church in Los Angeles serves everyone, not only Catholics!